Finally I’ve taken the plunge and purchased my first Anastasia Beverly Hills palette! I purchased the Modern Renaissance from Beautylish which was about $42 and I picked up a few other bits which I will be posting up about shortly :).
I’ve heard so much about this palette and there has been so much hype about it from YouTube bloggers so I was really keen to get my hands on one.
The Modern Renaissance features eleven matte shades and three metallic shades. The packaging is super nice and I love the super soft velvet case.
At first look I think the shades are super pretty and I couldn’t wait to swatch them!
Here are my swatches:
The first seven shades are:
- Tempera is velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Golden Ochre is earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
- Vermeer is iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco is antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
- Antique Bronze is metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter is raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
- Cyprus Umber is dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
- Realgar is brick with an ultra-matte finish
- Warm Taupe is earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
- Venetian Red is crimson with an ultra-matte finish
- Red Ochre is sienna with an ultra-matte finish
- Primavera is shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
- Burnt Orange is deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
- Raw Sienna is neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
To be honest as much as I love the shades I don’t feel like they are very pigmented as I struggled to get decent swatches. Also, I felt some shades were a bit chalky and there was some that had a bit of fallout too.
However the brush I received with the palette is good and I would go as far to say it’s one of the best eyeshadow brushes I’ve ever used!